- 1 chicken [portioned]
- 0.5kg [1 lb] flat noodles (or any flat pasta)
- 3 green peppers
- 3 large onions
- 1kg [2 lb] tomatoes
- 10-15 black olives
- 120ml olive oil
- 60ml red cooking wine
- 2 cloves garlic
- fresh parsley
- dry thyme
- bay leafs
Category : Poultry|
Rating : 5
1. Chop the onions and the parsley, crush the garlic and place all of them together in a plate/bowl.
2. Finely chop the tomatoes and the peppers and place them in another plate.
3. Pit the olives and set aside in a bowl.
4. Use a preheated wide and deep frying pan and fry both side of each chicken piece using some olive oil (mid to high heat - careful not to allow the chicken to burn - about 3mins per side).
5. Turn the heat up and pour the red wine in the pan, as well as some salt and pepper and allow approximately 3 minutes before adding the onions, garlic and parsley as well as 2 bay leaves and a pinch of dry thyme to the mix.
6. Continually stir everything together for about 3 more minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes and peppers.
7. Cover the pan and lower the heat to a low-medium setting allowing the contents to simmer for approximately 90 minutes (may need more time if the chicken pieces are large - so check to see if the chicken is tender).
8. At around 75 minutes add the olives to the mix.
9. Boil the noodles (or pasta) according to their specified boiling time. Once done, drain them, and place them back in the pot along with a little bit of butter.
10.In a large and deep serving pan (like a baking pan) place the noodles, place the chickens over them and then pour the mix over the noodles.