- 4 medium-large Calamari
- 450gr [1lb] feta cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- fresh dill
- olive oil
- black pepper
- dried oregano
Category : Seafood|
Rating : 5
1. Clean well and wash the insides of the calamari body sacks.
2. In a large bowl crumble the feta cheese.
3. Chop the tomatoes to small pieces and place in the bowl with the feta cheese.
4. cut open the green pepper and remove the seeds. Chop it to small pieces and also add to the bowl.
5. Thinly chop a handful of fresh dill and add to the mix.
6. Squash 2 cloves of garlic and add to the mix.
7. Add about 100ml olive oil, a pinch of oregano, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix everything together with your hands.
8. Once all the ingredients are all mixed well together, use a small spoon and stuff the bodies of the calamari with the mix.
9. Use toothpicks to seal the mix inside the body of the calamari, (use about 4 for each calamari, placing the in an X configuration), alternatively you can use a piece of cooking string to tie them shut.
10. Sprinkle the calamari with a little bit of salt.
11. Cook either in the oven grill or (better) on a barbecue. Make sure the oven is fully preheated or that the BBQ coals are red hot.
12. Avoid placing the grill too close to the fire as the cheese may start spilling out.
12. Remember to grease the grill you will be placing the calamari on to avoid them getting stuck.
13. Grill them for about 6-8 minutes, turning them over gently and cooking for about 4-6 more minutes.
14. Serve while hot as a main dish or as a starter.