- olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 onions
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemons squized
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1Kg lamb
- 4 cloves
- 1Kg (beef) tripe
- 2 eggs
- 4 garlic cloves
Category : Soups|
Rating : 4
1. Wash the tripe and then chop it up in smaller pieces. Chop the lamb to small pieces. Put some water to boil.
2. Slice the onions, squash the garlic cloves, chop the tomatoes. Mix the tomato paste and the red wine in a bowl (stir them well together).
3. Heat up a large saucepan to medium and add some olive oil. When the olive oil is hit saute the onions till brown, then add the garlic and stir. Once the two have mixed add the tripe and lamb and then stir the mix.
4. Add the tomatoes, the mixed paste, lemon juice and the 2 eggs and stir well together. Add enough (boiling) water to cover the ingredients in the saucepan and stir.
5. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer.
6. Add 3 bay leaves, salt (usually requires quite a bit - but its up to your particular taste) and pepper and allow for the mixture to simmer for 3 hours (at least). Check the water level and add more occasionally as it evaporates.
7. Once ready, the tripe should easily be cut with a fork and the soup will look fairly thick (not stew like think though).