- 500gr [1 lb] of onions
- 500gr [1 lb] Aubergines (4 or 5 items)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 150ml Olive Oil
- 500gr [1 lb] of tomatoes
Category : Vegetable Dishes|
Rating : 4
1. Preheat oven to 350C (180F).
2. Peel and slice the tomatoes.
3. Peel and thinly slice the garlic and slice the parsley.
4. Cut the stalks off the aubergines and rinse them well.
5. Slice the aubergines on one side only making them able to be opened up like a book without breaking them.
6. Add a little bit of oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the aubergines all around.
7. Remove the aubergines and place in an oven dish (side by side) and season them with salt, pepper and oregano.
8. Saute the onions and garlic in the frying pan and slightly golden then add the chopped tomatoes and parsley along with a cup of water. Stir and add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Sprinkle a touch of sugar in the mix and stir well, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
10. Carefully stuff the aubergines with the mix, using a small spoon while making sure not to break them. Once all the stuffing has been distributed place the saucepan in the preheated oven.
11. Bake for 40 minutes, sprinkling water once or twice on them during this period.
12. Remove from heat and leave in room temperature for a few minutes before serving.