- 3 tomatoes
- 2-3 pieces of chicken breasts
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 large onions
- olive oil
Category : Poultry|
Rating : 5
1. Chop the tomatoes into cubes and set aside.
2. Quash 2 cloves of garlic and set aside.
3. Chop the onions and set aside.
4. Preheat a saucepan (medium heat) with some olive oil in it. Once the olive oil is hot, add the chicken, stirring it and turning it so that only the outside is singed. Once the outside of the breasts is cooked (not burned), remove them from the pan and set them aside.
5. Add some more olive oil in the pan. Once the olive oil is heated again, add the chopped onions and stir. Once the onions soften and start getting some color add the quashed garlic and stir well.
6. Once the onions are slightly brown/golden, sprinkle a pinch of sugar over them along with a pinch of cinnamon and stir well.
7. Add the tomatoes with the onions and turn the heat to high. Stir everything together and add half a cup of water.
8. Add a touch of oregano as well as salt and pepper to taste. (optionally you can add a little white wine at this stage for some additional taste).
8. Bring the mix to a boil, while stirring, and add the chicken breasts.
9. Reduce the heat to low (low-to-med) and cover the saucepan.
10. Allow for 1 hour and 20 minutes of cooking, but make sure to check often if it needs additional water. (do not let it dry).
Best served hot, along with rice.