- 3 tomatoes
- 1 kg medium sized shrimp tails
- 1 glass white wine
- 3 medium onions
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Olive Oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
Category : Seafood|
Rating : 4
1. Prepare your ingredients - chop onions, chop garlic, chop tomatoes, wash and clean shrimps.
2. Saute the onions in a medium saucepan.
3. When onions are golden, add the chopped tomato in the saucepan.
4. Add 4 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, a pinch of oregano and basil and stir well.
5. Turn the heat to high and let the mix begin to boil. Crush and add 4 cloves of garlic and a glass of white wine while stirring well.
6. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and stir occasionally.
7. In a pot add a little bit of water and bring to a boil. Add the shrimp (water should be slightly covering the shrimps) and boil for approximately 3 minutes (until shrimps are tender - depends on the size).
8. Remove the shrimp from the pot (but do not dispose of the water you boiled them in) and add them to the tomato mix.
9. Add 2 tablespoons of the water you used to boil the shrimp in to the saucepan and allow the sauce to cook for 30 minutes, stirring it occasionally.
10. Add some more water to the pot in which you boiled the shrimps and use that water to boil some rice.
11. Pour the sauce in the pot with the rice and mix the two together.
Makes 4 servings.
Variations : Use Basmatti rice as an alternative. Add 3 tablespoons of (medium) curry during step 5.