- 1 Tablespoon brandy
- peel from 1 orange
- 0.5 twaspoons vanilla
- 1 whole clove
- 0.5 cup blanched, finely chopped almonds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 0.5 cup fine semolina
- 0.5 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 125gr [.25 lb] sweet butter
Category : Desserts|
Rating : 5
1. Combine half a cup of sugar with one cup of cold water in a saucepan and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the cinnamon stick, clove, orange peel and simmer for 15 minutes, after which remove the flavorings.
3. Set the mix aside and allow some time for it to cool and in the meantime beat the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until its all fluffy.
4. Keep the mixer running on medium speed and gradually add half a cup of sugar and the 2 eggs, making sure that each addition is well beaten into the mix.
5. In another bowl sift together the flour, semolina, almonds and baking powder.
6. Slowly add the sifted mix to the batter while continually beating the mix with the mixer.
7. Still mixing, add the vanila and brandy and then make sure everything is mixed well together.
8. Butter a medium square cake pan and pour in the mixture.
9. Place the cake in a moderately preheated oven and bake for aproximately 35 minutes at 180C (350F).
10. You will know that it is ready if the external crush is bouncy and springs back to place when softly suppressed with a finger.
11. Remove from oven when read, cut into pieces and then pour over the pieces the mixture we created at the start.