- 6 Tomatoes (medium sized and ripe)
- Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1Kg (2.2 lb) Minced beef meat
- 250gr (1/2 lb) Bread Crumbs
Category : Meat|
Rating : 5
1. Peel and grate the tomatoes and place them in a bowl or plate and save for later use.
2. Add the breadcrumbs in a new bowl and lightly sprinkle a little bit of water over them.
3. Mix the minced meat with the breadcrumbs and add some crushed garlic, a pinch of cumin, as well as some salt and pepper.
4. Using your hands make meat balls out of the mix.
5. In a large frying pan heat up some olive oil and fry the meatballs.
6. In a new frying pan lightly fry the tomatoes in a little bit of olive oil.
7. Add salt, pepper and a small pinch of sugar and then simmer the tomatoes for 10 minutes.
8. Add the meatballs in the pan and mix with the tomato sauce. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes and then serve.
Note : Goes well with rice, spaghetti and french fries.