- 1/2Kg (1 lb) dried beans
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 can tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 carrots
- 3 onions
Category : Soups|
Rating : 4
1. Wash the beans and place them in water, allowing them to soak for a day or night.
2. Drain the water using a colander and rinse well under running water.
3. Add the beans in a large pot filled with enough water to cover the beans and boil, covered, for about 30 minutes.
4. Drain the beans using a colander and return them to the pot, fill the pot with enough water to barely cover the beans. (the amount of water will determine the thickness of the soup).
5. Chop onions, celery and carrots and add them to the pot, along with 1/3 cup of olive oil.
6. Return pot over heat and simmer until the beans are soft. (test using a fork).
7. When the beans are soft, add salt, pepper, tomato paste, 1 can of tomatoes and stir.
8. Bring mixture to boil and allow an additional 20 minutes of boiling time.
9. Remove from heat and serve hot.