- Ground pepper
- 1.5Kg (3.5 lb) lamb shank
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 6 bay leaves
- 6 potatoes
- 4 onions
Category : Meat|
Rating : 4
1. Cut the lamb into medium sized pieces.
2. In a ceramic baking pot (with a cover) place the lamb and pour over it the olive oil.
3. Peel onions and arange them around the lamb, wash potatoes well and arange them (unpeeled) also around the lamb.
4. Season with some salt, pepper, oregano and add in the bay leaves.
5. Cut cloves of garlic to small slices and place it over the lamb pieces. (see note for alternative)
6. Bake, covered, in a preheated oven for 4 to 5 hours at 120C (250 F).
7. Serve hot.
Note : it is important for the pot to be sealed while baking, thus you can add some aluminum foil between the baking pot and its cover.
Alternatively you can make small slits in the lamb with a knife and insert there the small pieces of garlic to add a stronger taste.