- 1Kg (2 lb) potatoes
- 2 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
- Ground black pepper
- 2 Lemons (squized)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2kg (4 lb) lamb (leg)
Category : Meat|
Rating : 4
1. Wash lamb leg and wipe it with a damp towel and place it in a baking pan.
2. Cut small slits on the lamb leg and insert in them slivers of garlic.
3. Squize 2 lemons and rub lamb with the lemon juice.
4. Sprinkle lamb with salt, pepper and thyme.
5. Place pan in a prehetaed oven and bake for an hour at 180C (350F)
6. While its cooking peel and quarter 1kg (2lb) of potatoes and place them in water.
7. After one hour add 1 cup of hot water, spread margerine over the lamb, arange the potatoes around the lamb (sprinkle some salt and pepper over them) and return in oven.
8. Cook for an additional 90 minutes, turning the lamb in between to make sure it cooks evenly, also at regular intervals use a spoon to douse the lamb and the potatoes with the sauce/juice that has been produced in the pan.