- 1kg (2 lb) okra
- 2 ripe tomatoes (or 1 can choped
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 onions
Category : Vegetable Dishes|
Rating : 3
1. Remove stems from the okra and wash them well.
2. Place them in a bowl and sprinkle salt, pepper and 1/2 a cup of white wine vinegar over them.
3. Chop onions and saute them in a frying pan, using olive oil, till golden brown and tender.
4. Chop and mash the tomatoes and add them in a large pot. Add salt, a pinch of sugar, pepper, chopped parsley and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
5. Simer until the tomatoes have disolved completely.
6. Add the sauted onions, okra, and 1 cup warm water in the pot and turn the heat to high.
7. Boil for 30 minutes, stiring occasionaly, and adding a bit of water if needed.
8. Serve warm.