- 4 long skewers
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 onions
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 green peppers
Category : Poultry|
Rating : 2
1. Cut chicken into pieces arpoximately 4cm (1.5 in.) and place in a deep plate.
2. Melt 1/4 of a cup butter in a saucepan (don't burn) and add in olive oil, juice of three lemons, salt, pepper and oregano, mixing everyhting together.
3. Pour mix over the chicken pieces, making sure it goes over all pieces, and leave to soak for 4 hours.
4. Quarter onions, slice tomatoes and cut some pieces of green peppers.
5. Skewer a piece of chicken, a piece of onion, a piece of tomato and a piece of green pepper, alternating in this order till each skewer is full. (do not throw away the remaining mix)
6. Place over a barbeque or under preheated grill and cook till ready, pouring some of the meat while occasionaly turning them over.
Note : Serve with either rice or french fries.