- 150gr (.35 lb) butter
- All purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 450gr (1 lb) large macaroni
- 300gr (.6 lb) grated parmesan cheese
- 650gr (1.5 lb) minced beef meat
- 500ml (1 pint) milk
- 250ml (.5 pint) tomato sauce
- 1 onion
Category : Pasta Dishes|
Rating : 5
1. Boil macaroni in salted water, drain and return to the pot (but not over any heat).
2. Beat two eggs and 150gr of grated parmesan in a bowl and then pour it over the macaroni making sure it goes over all of them.
3. Chop onion and saute it along with the minced meat in a frying pan.
4. Add tomato sauce and some salt to the frying pan mixing well with the minced meat. Allow 2-3 minutes of cooking and then remove frying pan from heat.
5. Melt the butter in saucepan and add flour, mixing well together. Add milk and stir into a thick white sauce (add some more flower if not thick enough).
6. After sauce is creamy, remove from heat and allow it time to cool. In the meatime beat four eggs in a bowl and after the white sauce cools add them to it.
7. In a medium sized baking pan add a layer of macaroni (about half of them) and sprinkle half of the remaining parmesan cheese over it.
8. Add the meat mixture over the macaroni and then lay another layer with the remaining macaroni, adding the rest of the parmesan and the white sauce over them. (use a spoon to make sure the sauce is spread out evenly)
9. In preheated oven, bake for 1 hour at 180C (350 F).
10. Cut into rectangular pieces and serve hot.
Note : Serves 4 to 6 people.