- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 onion (finely chopped or blended)
- 4 large tomatoes (finely chopped or blended)
- All purpose flour
- 700gr (1.5 lb) minced beef
- Parsley (chopped)
- 1 slice of water soaked bread
- 3 cloves of garlic
Category : Meat|
Rating : 5
1. In bowl mix together, with your hands, the minced meat, soaked bread, egg yolk, 2 crushed garlic cloves, chopped onions, salt, pepper and parsley.
2. Form meatballs from the mix (about the size of ping pong balls).
3. Flour the meatballs and fry them in a preheated frying pan filled with 1 cup oilive oil.
4. Remove the meatballs from the frying pan, draining the oil for each one, and place them on a paper towel.
5. In the frying pan add the chopped tomatoes and a pinch of sugar and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes, adding a bit of salt and pepper while its cooking.
6. Add the meatballs in the tomatoe sauce and cook over a medium heat for an additional 15 minutes.
7. Serve warm.
Note : Can be served with rice, small pasta or mashed potatoes.