- 450gr (1 lb) Barley-shaped pasta (Kritharaki)
- 1/2 Cups of butter
- 1 Onion
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 100gr grated parmesan cheese
- 1Kg (2 lbs) Lamb
Category : Meat|
Rating : 4
1. Cut lamb to several medium sized pieces (its important not to cut the meat to small pieces).
2. Peel and dice onion to small pieces
3. Peel and chop garlic cloves to slivers.
4. Heat some butter in deep frying pan or medium sauce pan and lightly sute the lamb pieces along with some chopped onions and the garlic.
5. Add the tomato juice and tomato paste in the pan and mix.
6. Add water in the pan (enough so that the meat is fully covered in sauce) along with some salt and pepper and stir well.
7. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low setting (or very low depending on your stove).
8. Allow enough time for the lamp to become tender.
9. In a pot boil water and add the Barley-shaped pasta.
10. After pasta is ready (check pasta box for cooking time), drain and add about half of it in a baking pan.
11. Add the meat to the baking pan and then add the rest of the pasta.
12. Pour the tomato mixture over the baking pan and use a spoon to even the pasta in the pan.
13. Sprinkle some grated parmesan over the pasta.
14. Bake (in a preheated) oven for 15 minutes at medium heat.
15. Serve hot.
Note: You can use a diferent pasta if you can not find the one mentioned here, if possible, try to find pasta that is aproximately the size of two grains of rice.