- 200gr (.5 lb) Sugar
- 200gr (.5 lb) Honey
- 400gr (1 lb) Raw (white) Sesame (til)
Category : Desserts|
Rating : 5
1. Heat oven to 180C (350F).
2. Spread seasame (til) in a baking pan and place in the oven.
3. Allow enough baking time for the sesame to turn golden and then remove the pan.
4. In a medium sauce pan pour the honey, add the sugar and mix them together.
5. Boil sugar and honey over a medium fire until it becomes caramel like.
6. If you have a cooking thermometer you can check to see that the temperature of the caramel mixture is around 250C (450F).
7. Remove sauce pan from heat.
8. Add sesame in the caramel mixture and mix well.
9. On a large plastic board (or any other plastic surface - not wooden) spread the mixture with a rolling pin.
10. Use a sharp knife and cut strips.
11. Use a spatula to remove the strips from the board.
12. Place them lightly separately over a cool surface (can use your oven's grill for this)
12. Allow time for the strips to cool completely.
Note: If you want to preserve the Pasteli strips, you can use some plastic membrane and seal them in it.