- 1 cup flour
- 1 orange, juice and grated rind
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 220gr (1/2 lb) Butter, melted
Category : Desserts|
Rating : 4
1. Beat sugar and egg yolks well.
2. Stir in melted butter, rind, juice of orange, flour and baking powder.
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff and hold in mixture carefully.
4. Pour into a buttered 8x10 or 9x9" baking pan.
5. Bake at 190C (375 F) for 10 minutes;
6. Lower oven temperature to 180 C (350 F). and bake for about half an hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Cool and cut into squares or diamond-shaped pieces.