- 1/4 cup Egg whites (1/4 c = 2 whites)
- 1/2 teaspoons Grated lemon rind (optional)
- 2 dsh Almond essence
- Additional icing sugar
- Rosewater (optional)
- 1/2 cup Icing sugar, sifted
- 3 cups Ground almonds
Category : Desserts|
Rating : 5
1. Blend ground almonds with icing sugar measured after sifting.
2. Add lightly beaten egg whites with lemon rind if used and almond essence.
3. Mix to a firm dough with hands.
4. Clean hands and rub with a little butter to prevent dough from sticking.
5. Break off small pieces of dough the size of a walnut and form into pear shapes.
6. Bake in a moderately slow (160 C) oven for 20 minutes, covering with brown paper if tops begin to brown.
7. Sift 2 cups icing sugar into a bowl and dip the hot Amigdalota into it.
8. If using, brush a little rose or orange flower water onto Amigdalota before dipping them into the icing sugar.
9. Place on a wire rack to cool.
10. Sift remaining sugar from bowl into base of a container and arrange cooled Almond Pears upright in a single layer.
11. Sift more sugar thickly over tops and sides, seal and store for a day or two before using.