- 450gr (1 lb) Ground almonds
- Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Toasted bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 Egg whites
- Rosewater (optional)
Category : Desserts|
Rating : 5
1. Beat the egg whites with salt until they are stiff and form picks and add lemon juice.
2. Fold in the almonds, sugar and crumbs gradually. Add vanilla.
3. Put a spoonful of the mixture on a greased baking paper and bake at 140-150 C (280 – 300 F) about 20 minutes, checking after 15 minutes to prevent burning.
4.Take out and brush with rosewater, if using. Lift off macaroons after loosening them by moistening the paper. Sift powdered sugar over warm cookies.
Note : Makes about 10 amigdalota