- Olive Oil
- 350gm (.75 lbs) Feta Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- Parsley (Maindanos)
- 5 Leeks (Prasa)
- Dill (Anithos)
- 750gr (1.5 lb) Phyllo (pastry sheets)
- 1.5Kg [3.4 lbs] Raw Spinach
Category : Pies|
Rating : 4
1. Place the spinach in a large bowl and wash it well.
2. Chop spinach into smaller pieces.
3. Squeeze spinach well to drain most fluids.
4. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil into the bowl and mix with hands.
5. Use a knife or fork to crumble the feta cheese into very small pieces.
6. Add the feta cheese to the spinach in the bowl.
7. Add the 2 eggs and mix with hands.
8. Add a bit of choped parsley, chopped dill and mix with hands.
9. Add salt (This is not simply to season it - so try not to skip this).
10. Add pepper to taste.
11. Grease a baking pan with butter.
12. Add pastry sheets.
13. Take a buttered baking pan and line it with half the pastry sheets, allowing them to fold over the edges.
14. Brush the pastry sheets with olive oil.
15. Pour the spinach mix in the baking pan and spread it evenly over the pastry sheets.
16. Cover with the remaining pastry sheets and brush the top layer with some olive oil.
17. Make 3 diagonal incisions with a knife on the top outer layer of pastry.
18. Sprinkle some a little hot water with your hand over it.
19. Put in medium heat, preheated oven and bake for aproximatiley 50 minutes.
Note: Can be server either hot or cold.