- 1.5 cups of rice
- 500gr [1 lb] tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 octopus
- 1 cup olive οil
- 1 οnion
Category : Seafood|
Rating : 5
1. Remove all contents of the head sack of the octopus and wash the whole thing well.
2. Place octopus in a sauce pan with no water and allow and simmer in low heat for about 15 minutes.
3. The sauce pan should now contain water from the octopus. Drain the water.
4. Remove octopus from pan and cut it into bite sized pieces.
5. Place octopus pieces back in the sauce pan.
6. Chop onion into very small pieces (best using a blender), and add them in the sauce pan.
7. Chop parsley and add to the sauce pan.
8. Add some pepper.
9. Grind the cloves of garlic and add to the sauce pan.
10. Cover sauce pan and cook over a low heat until the octopus is tender. (use a fork to test this, but it should take aproximately 2 hours, depending on the size of the octopus).
11. In a diferent pot boil water and add salt and rice.
12. Allow 12-15 minutes for the rice to be ready.
13. Drain rice and place it in a deep baking pan or casserole.
14. Add the octopus mix into the rice and blend the two well with a spoon.
15. Place in a preheated oven and bake in medium heat for 7 -10 minutes.