- 1/5 cup rice
- 1 lt. [1 quart] Milk
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
Category : Desserts|
Rating : 5
1. In a medium pot boil 1 cup of water.
2. Add the rice and simmer at a low heat for aproximately 15 minutes.
3. Add milk and simmer for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In a large bowl mix corn flour with 1/5 cup of water.
6. Remove pot from heat (but dont turn heat off) and add the cornflour mix to the rice/milk mix and stir slowly.
7. Add sugar and stir well, then put back over heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Remove pot from heat and add vanilla powder, stir slowly again.
9. Use small dish bowls and pour the mixture in them.
10. Sprinkle some cinnamon over them.
Note : Best served cold, after storing it in the refrigirator for a few hours.