- Nutmeg (Moshokarido)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Butter (melted)
- 2 cups fresh Milk
- 1 cup grated gruere Cheese
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 3 Eggs
- 600gr (1.3 lb) Feta Cheese
- 8 tablespoons Flour
- 350gr (3/4 lb) Phyllo (pastry sheets)
Category : Pies|
Rating : 4
1. Melt butter in saucepan over a low heat.
2. Add floor in the pan and stir with a spoon till mix is smooth.
3. Add milk in intervals and keep stirring the mix.
4. Add a little salt and a pinch of nutmeg, while continuing to stir.
5. Simmer until the mixture thickens (but dont overcook - shouldnt normally be moe than 5 minutes).
6. Beat 3 eggs in bowl.
6.1 In another bowl, crumble and squash the feta cheese with a fork or spoon.
7. Add the grated cheese to the bowl with the feta and pour in the beaten eggs, stiring them well.
8. Add the sauce we created at step 5. to the feta mix and stir well.
9. Grease a medium baking pan and place half of the pastry sheets in it (Allow the sheets to fold over the edges of the pan).
10. Spread some butter to each sheet.
11. Pour the cheese mix over the layer of pastry sheets.
12. Cover with the rest of the pastry sheets and brush the upper layer with some more butter.
13. Use a knife to create some incisions on the top pastry layer (do 3 diagonal incisions).
14. Preheat oven to medium heat and bake for 50 minutes, or untill the upper pastry layer turns golden.
15. Cut the pie in the desired ammount of pieces and serve. (Best served hot).