- 1Kg [2 lbs] small onions
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups fresh tomato juice
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 chopped onion
- Chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup olive ïßl
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1Kg [2 lbs] veal
Category : Meat|
Rating : 4
1. Chop veal into large pieces.
2. Chop onions to slices.
3. In a large fireproof pot, lightly fry the veal in olive oil.
4. Add salt and pepper.
5. Add chopped onions and saute them till they are soft.
6. Add tomato juice and wine
7. Add vinegar and stir well
8. Add 2 cups of water and stir well.
9. Add bay leaf
10. Simmer until meat is tender.
11. Place small onions in a pot and fill it with boiling water (do not keep boiling)
12. Allow water to cool down and then peel onions and make a small incision across the root of each onion
13. Heat butter in a saucepan
14. Add small onions in the saucepan
15. Add garlic and 1 cup of water
16. Add salt and pepper
17. Cook onions until they are soft.
18. Add onions to the meat pot.
19. Add a little parsley to pot.
20. Cook in low heat for 25 minutes (watch out not to let all the liquid drain, remove from heat if it drains too much).