- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped or crushed nuts
- 1 cÚnnamon stick
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves (Garifalo)
- 2 cups semolina
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- lemon peel
- 1/2 Cup fine flour
Category : Desserts|
Rating : 5
1. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl
2. Add semolina and nuts to the mix.
3. Cream (beat) butter and sugar together
4. In a separate bowl, beat eggs well and add to the mix
5. Add milk to the mix and stir well.
6. Stir until mixture is smooth.
7. Grated some lemon peel and add a little to the mix.
8. Grease a large (25cm / 10 Inch) baking pan
9. Pour mix into the baking pan
10. Bake in moderate heat for about 45 minutes.
11. At aproximately 35 minutes. Boil 3 cups of water, cup of sugar and cloves in a small pot. Boil for 6 minutes.
12. When the baking pan mix is ready take it out of the oven and pour the syrup that you created on top.
13. Allow time for the Halva to cool down and then serve.